Available to all students in Canada who are currently completing their final year of high school.
Participating sponsors of the Maurice Fiorio Scholarship are:
Administrator: Fiorio Beauty Academy
Amount: $5,000.00 CDN
Duration: 12 months
Course: Pre Apprenticeship Course
Number Available: 1 per year
Who is Eligible:
Year of Study: final year of high school
Preferred Courses: Cosmetology, Math, English and/or Science
Academic Standing: a minimum average of 75
How to Apply:
|Step 1:||Application Form:
Students may obtain or request an application form for the Maurice Fiorio Scholarship in any one of the following ways:
Fiorio Beauty Academy
Please fill out the entire application form. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
|Step 2:||Written Requirement:
To be considered for the Maurice Fiorio Scholarship, applicants must answer the following two questions in a maximum of 250 words each:1. Why do you believe that you deserve the scholarship?
2. What are your reasons for entering the hair/beauty industry?
|Step 3:||Letter of Recommendation:
The applicant must obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor. This letter should be printed on school letterhead.
A transcript administered by the school, stating the applicant’s most recent academic standing, must be submitted.
Once steps 1 through 4 have been completed, photocopy all documents to keep for your records because any documents submitted will not be returned.
|Step 6:||Submit Original Documents:
The four documents completed in steps 1 through 4 must be submitted all together and mailed to the following address:Fiorio Beauty Academy
1920 Yonge Street, Suite 100C
Do not submit any documents in addition to those required, as they will not be considered.
Make sure that you have completed and included all of the items below before you send your documents in for review:
1. Application Form
2. Written Requirement
3. Letter of Recommendation from your teacher
4. Transcript of your academic standing
All applicants will receive an email confirming the receipt of their documents from The Fiorio Beauty Academy. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
All submissions must be postmarked no later than November 30th.
Late submissions will not be considered.
Three applicants will be chosen to come in for an interview at The Fiorio Beauty Academy. They will be selected for an interview based on their eligibility, the completion of their application forms, and their answers in their written components. The winner of the scholarship will be selected from those three applicants interviewed based on his/her demonstrated professionalism and passion for the industry.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by January 31st.
Fiorio Beauty Academy
1920 Yonge Street, Suite 100C
Terms & Conditions
If the recipient of the Maurice Fiorio Scholarship fails to meet one or more of the following terms and conditions, The Fiorio Beauty Academy reserves the right to cancel the scholarship and stop issuing scholarship cheques at any time.
1. The Maurice Fiorio Scholarship can be held at the Fiorio Beauty Academy only.
2. Scholarship applicants must be in their final year of high school in Canada.
3. Scholarship recipients will be individually responsible for applying and securing admission to the Fiorio Beauty Academy, in accordance with the requirements and deadlines.
4. The Scholarship recipient must achieve his/her high school diploma within the same school year as being awarded the Scholarship.
5. The Scholarship recipient must attend the Fiorio Beauty Academy on a full-time basis, be enrolled in the Pre Apprenticeship Course, and maintain a minimum average of 75 for the duration of the 12 month course. If a recipient fails to maintain a 75 average, except due to serious illness, accident or death in the immediate family (supporting medical documentation is required), he or she will forfeit the Scholarship.
6. Scholarship recipients must enroll in the Fiorio Beauty Academy within the first year of being awarded the Scholarship. They may defer enrolment for up to one semester. Semesters start in September and March. Reinstatement of the Scholarship will be conditional on reacceptance at the Fiorio Beauty Academy.
7. The Scholarship recipient must select and adhere to one of the payment plans offered by The Fiorio Beauty Academy. The value of the scholarship will be divided up evenly amongst the number of tuition payments and distributed in the form of a cheque after each payment is received by The Fiorio Beauty Academy. For example, if the recipient selects the quarterly payment plan, then a cheque for the amount of $1,250 ($5,000 scholarship value/4) would be issued to the recipient once the tuition payment of $2,500 ($10,000 tuition fee/4) is received by The Fiorio Beauty Academy from the recipient. For more information on available payment plans, please refer to The Fiorio Beauty Academy brochure.
8. A Scholarship recipient’s Scholarship will be terminated upon the occurrence of any behaviour on the part of that Scholarship recipient which the Fiorio Beauty Academy deems to render continuations of the Scholarship inappropriate.
9. The Fiorio Beauty Academy has final and binding discretion with regards to the selection of the recipient, the Scholarship, its administration and its terms.
10. Employees of Fiorio and members of their immediate families are not eligible to receive the Maurice Fiorio Scholarship.